
This is family pic of us at Pompey's Pillar this summer. Has anyone been there lately? It is soooo much nicer than when I was growing up. I remember there being couple of totally old disgusting outhouses, and a broken picnic table. Now, it is incredible. Beautiful Visitors Center and cool exhibits. It was great for Kevin, being the history buff in the family.
So, I tried the brownies with carrot and spinach purrees from Oprah's website (Jessica Seinfeld's recipe). Really, you could not tell that there were carrots and spinach. They were pretty good. I think I will try a couple of modifications, however. Ian and Kevin really liked them. Now, I'm not saying that you stick a Paradise Bakery brownie down next to one of these that I would pick the carrot and spinach brownie, but hey, at least it satisfies a tiny little bit of my sweet tooth!
Kevin had the day off so we were at the laundromat doing stuff all day. Hopefully we will get it whipped into shape in the next few months and then not have to worry about it much! We'll just let our great little managers handle everything (Cody and Chelsea).
Signing off . . .
Honey Garlic Chicken
1 day ago
5 comments:
cuteness. . .
We've been meaning to get out to Pompey's Pillar everytime we're in Billings but haven't made it. We did go out to Custer's last stand a few years ago and Andrew LOVED it (he's the history buff in our fam!) I'm going to have to try some of these recipes, keep us posted on any new ones you try!
So you've finally convinced me to try some of those veggie recipes...I hope it works. My kids could definitely use more veggies!
I think I need to try your new recipes out on Nels. The kids do ok with their veggies, it's Nels that I have to make him sit at the table until he eats all of his peas. Love ya!
Kevin told me they were pretty good. So good for you! get those vegies in him however you can girl.
Post a Comment