Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I'm a Dream Come True


I bought Meg a teddy bear the other day because we had just been giving her a sock to cuddle with (poor thing)!

Did anyone see Oprah yesterday? Jessica Seinfeld was on talking about her new book "Deceivingly Delicious". It is all about how to add veggies into kid-friendly foods. I ran to Barnes and Noble to get it, but of course, they were sold out. Anyway, I went to Oprah's website to get a couple of recipes. I made Macaroni and Cheese with "hidden" butternut squash. Ian just INHALED it! (Any of you that know my son, know that he doesn't inhale ANYTHING). She had tons of different recipes. Tomorrow I am trying the chick-pea chocolate chip cookies! Yum! (don't tell Kevin they have chick-peas!)

7 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

I saw just the tail end of that episode, but what a great idea. gotta love Oprah! Mac and Cheese is a whole food group in Rylee's diet so I may have to try that! Let us know how the chick pea cookies turn out!

adorable pearsons said...

That is so awesome. I missed the episode- which actually rarely happens! Sure hope to see some recipes on your blog. Megan is a doll!

Nels, Drea, and Crew said...

Hey, isn't it wonderful when you can get them to sleep so soundly! We went out and saw your mom last night. She cut Carter's hair for the first time. I will post some pictures. I love chatting with her, we miss seeing them every week.

Melanie said...

Aaah! I can't wait to try some of those recipes...what a great idea!!

Lacee said...

I'm glad Megan has a bear to snuggle with now and not a sock, hilarious! I'll have to try some of those recipes on Luke. ~ Lacee

Emmy said...

Okay, this is so cute! Warm fuzzies all over.

Melanie said...

What a brilliant idea! Keep us updated about the good recipe ideas! Sounds fabulous!

What a sweet photo of Megan snuggling her bear!