Thursday, October 4, 2007

George Washington

Okay, okay, I am doing it. Thanks to much badgering by my sister and mother, I finally consent to having a blog. Funny thing, my mom and sister are the only ones who will probably read it anyway!
Has anyone every tried to find a blogger name when your last name is Smith??? I must have put 20 different names in. Crazy. Did you know that there are sooooo many Smiths in America that there is actually an "Annual Smith Day"? I never thought I'd be a Smith, but now that I am, I am proud of it.

The updates on us:
Ian is now 2 1/2 years old. He loves to play golf with the REAL set of clubs his dad bought him. Kevin even had them "fitted" (i.e. he shortened the club lengths). He still hates to eat (nothing like his parents). I try everything, I smother cheese on every vegtable and try to get him to dip fruit in peanut butter and chocolate. Nothing. I'm sure he will eventually catch up.
He loves to play with play-dough. A couple of days ago he played with it for over an hour. He would exclaim "look mommy, a pizza". Then he'd move on to his next project and a few minutes later exclaim "look mommy, a car!". Finally, for the most intricate piece yet he exlaimed "Look, George Washington!". I just burst! Maybe we have a little sculptor on our hands.

Meg is 9 months old now and giving me fits with weaning. She wants her mommy . . . bad! I finally pulled the "tough love" thing and quit cold turkey yesterday. Boy, do I hurt! (you ladies understand). She is a good little girl. She loves to play toys with Ian and she talks, and talks and talks. Then she screams, then she talks some more.

Kevin and I are looking forward to our vacation in a couple of weeks. My mom is taking the kids (yeah!). We just bought a laudromat and it has been keeping us busy! Fun little adventure!

2 comments:

Nels, Drea, and Crew said...

Hey Manda-

Your scrapbooking looks great! I need to send you mine so you can catch me up. I have one page for Annie and that's it. So basically I am 6 years behind. Pathetic, I know. Where are you guys going on your trip? Your kids are totally cute. I will have to keep checking in on ya!! Great Blog! Love ya, Drea

Shelly Hanson said...

Just so you know, most times my Mom and Sister are the only ones who comment on my blog! Many of my friends read it; even the girls at work but very few comment.

So as long as you don't mind someone from Kevin's work commenting once in a while I'd totally enjoy reading yours.

Shelly

p.s. i've been doing this for 2 years now and have always thought it would be fun to do another blog just for my scrapbook pages. Who knows, we'll see. Have fun with your blog!