Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My new hobby

I have a few hobbies. Sadly, baking is one of the hobbies I like the most. Unfortunately, that doesn't do much for my waistline. So, in an effort to keep myself out of the kitchen so much, I have taken up sewing. Luckily, a dear friend of mine is and incredible seamstress. She has been guiding me. Here is my first attempt:

11 comments:

Amy said...

Let's get together and sew! I have so many things I want to make! I could afford a few tutorials as well! I love the pics of Kevin getting his badge! When Wes got his, there was press from every major news station in SLC and he hid from the cameras the whole time! We didn't get any pictures and I am bummed!

Chelsea and Cody said...

O my gosh! It is amazing...not to mention the beautiful girl in the dress. You are so talented!

Ashley Wray said...

Adorable! Love that little dress. I do not have a seamstress bone in my body, so I'm major impressed! And way to go Kevin, or Officer Smith I guess I should say!

Emmy said...

You've created two beautiful things in these pictures. ..the girl and the dress. . . darling!

Lacee said...

Ahhh! So cute! Meggie looks happy about it too :)

Emilee said...

Meggie looks so thrilled with her dress! How fun. I love to have projects to do, finishing them is even better.

Joan said...

Very cute. I was a rabid seamstress when I was your age. I whipped up jammies and t-shirts, linens and clothes for myself all the time. I got away from it when it got cheaper to buy than to make, but I loved sewing and letting my artistic self take over.

Anonymous said...

Cute dress! You can tell by the big smile that she really loves it too!

Celeste said...

So cute! That is a great hobby to have.

Melanie said...

Amanda, I am seriously impressed! I have been trying to learn to sew, too but for the record, I ain't makin' dresses yet. Totally amazing.

And congrats to Kevin. I'm so glad to have a connection in the field. :)

Wendy said...

You have been a blogging champ! What fun posts. I'm so proud of you guys for doing your race!! And I can't believe how amazing Meggie's dress turned out. It's just a shame that it didn't turn out as well as that dress you made without a pattern a few years ago. (You know the one... I think about that if I ever need a good laugh). You're adorable:-) Really though...will you teach me how to make a dress like that?