Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I love beet greens!

We have been out of town for the past 2 1/2 weeks (hence, no blog updates). I have MUCH to post, but am waiting for some pictures from my sweet sister and sister-in-law, since I was horrible at taking them myself! I thought, however, that you would enjoy this little bit of info.
Having trouble getting your kids to eat their beets and/or beet greens? Have them watch this "I love beet greens" video! Ian loved helping my mom in the garden while we were in Montana. He thought it was the coolest thing to be able to pick the veggies right out of the garden. He loved the beets and beet greens that my mom made so much, that he made up a dance:


p.s. he also showed a major feat of strength today when he picked up a pillow and raised it over his head exclaiming, "Whoa, mom, look how strong I am!" Yup, a pillow.

4 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

Wow, I think I love beet greens after watching that movie - I love his beet green/karate moves, very stealth :)
Glad you made it home safe and sound, can't wait for some more updates. It was so good to see you last week!

Katie said...

Soooo . . . how does your mom prepare beet greens to elicit this kind of reaction?

Melanie said...

Hilarious. My boys have watched the video of Ian dancing at least 12 times now. I just told them it was broken. :)

Celeste said...

That is so cute!