
There are only a few people in this world (i.e. my siblings and cousins) who are going to understand the following:
While I was home visiting my family for a few days, I went to Grandma Bev's for a delightful little brunch. I asked her when we were all going to get her "cookbook". She proceeded to pull out a book where she had been writing (in her exquisite penmanship, might I add) down all of her signature recipes. I started flipping through and opened to "Monster Cookies". I immediately started crying. Yes, crying. Could I be more disgustingly sentimental? Why can't I be like a guy and have nothing phase me?
Monster cookies have always been one of Grandma's specialties. You know, tons of chocolate chips, M&M's, raisins, nuts, and anything else she could find in her cupboard. She used to make them for us all of the time growing up. I remember them at family reunions and grand-daughters' weekend. Hence, the reason I got all teary seeing the recipe. We shared a sweet moment together laughing because I was crying. Thanks, Grandma, for not only being a great cook, but being so good at creating "moments" in our lives.
5 comments:
Amanda, I used to have Monster cookies in Billings too. I may have to pull out my recipe. It might even be Beverly's. I can't
remember who I got it from but they are delicious and BIG. ANd...I cry at everything too. There are 3 of us in the ward that cry all the time and I may be the worst. Good to see a picture of your Grandma. I love her.
awwww. Amanda! That's so sweet. I miss my grandparents. Enjoy those moments.
I'm right there with you!
Oh, I miss crying with you! Remember the discussion with Tim where he told us he already knew it was true and we were like babies! Sob, sob, sob. I miss Tim.
p.s. I LOOOOVE grandmas.
I never saw this post until today! Oh, but you better believe I teared up a little bit! Grandma's monster cookies are the best, hands down. I can't wait for her cookbook, it's going to be so great!
We really do have the best grandma around don't we?
Post a Comment