Thursday, February 12, 2009

White Velvet Sugar Cookies


These are bar-none the best sugar cookies I have ever made or tasted!  Hmmm, when doesn't butter and cream cheese make anything taste better?  We have made multiple batches for Valentines Day to give to friends and family.  DE-LIGHT-FUL!

White Velvet Sugar Cookies

2 cups butter, softened
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
2 cups sugar
2 egg yolks
1 tsp. vanilla
4 ½ cups flour

Cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add sugar, egg yolks and vanilla; mix well. Gradually add flour. Cover and chill 2 hours or until firm. Roll out on floured surface to ¼ inch thickness. Cut into 3-inch shapes; place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until set (but not browned). Cool 5 minutes. Place on wire racks to cool.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Can you read my mind? I am on the search for the perfect sugar cookie and how can I resist a cookie with "white velvet" in the name. They HAVE to be good. Thanks, sista!

Wendy said...

I just have to say "Amen!" to your post about those cookies:-)

Ashley Wray said...

2 cups of butter sounds good to me, and I agree with Melanie, with the white velvet name, I don't think I could go wrong! Thanks, we will definetly whip these up sometime soon!

Joan said...

Next time get a picture of your Mom's beautiful face. I am going to keep this recipe too. Happy Valentine's Day!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe, I might try it tomorrow. It was fun running into you the other day, you look great! You might want to keep the part about Kevin "arresting" you to yourself. (wink) Happy Valentines