Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My Symphony

The following is my new favorite quote that I stole from my friend's (Hadley's) blog. Since blogging is really my only form of journal keeping and I NEVER, EVER want to forget this quote, I had to share it with the rest of you. It just feels right and good when I read it . . .

To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not rich; to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly; to listen to stars and birds, to babes and sages, with open heart; to bear all cheerfully, do all bravely; await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common: this is to be my symphony.

William Henry Channing

5 comments:

Amy said...

Amen!

Emmy said...

WOW! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Thanks for sharing!!!!

HDH. said...

You are awesome. You're doing all this already.

Lacee said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing!

Julie Pitcher said...

loved it! thanks...how are you guys?