Monday, August 31, 2009

Cupcake Pops!

My mom came down to Utah last week for Education Week. It was delightful. Whenever she is here, I seriously get lazy. I think I subconsciously let my mind take a break from any serious housework or cooking because I know mom is there to pick up my shameful slacking. We had a great time. She helped me make 24 jars of raspberry jam, along with 10 cartons of freezer jam. Then, we made cupcake pops. Okay, I know that cupcake pops are so "last season" but I couldn't resist making some for a little Church Primary Thank-You Social. I don't think I would've been this brave without my mom helping. They turned out okay, I have a few things I would do differently next time for sure. Here is the link on Bakerella's website for the tutorial.



6 comments:

Chelsea and Cody said...

They look WAY better than OKAY! I love them...why didn't I get some in the mail, by the way? Hmm...

Lacee said...

Looks like Ian and Meggie think they turned out just great!

Ashley Wray said...

They look yummy! I love your mom, she is one great lady! Sounds like you guys had fun. Hey, so I hear your heading to Billings tomorrow? I'm leaving early tomorrow morning as well. Just me and the girls. So if I break down/am going crazy and you see my van pulled off on the side, stop and help me ok :) Can't wait to see you guys!

HDH. said...

How can a cupcake pop be last season? Delicious is always in fashion! We made them for Elinor's first birthday, and boy howdy, were they a hit.

Celeste said...

Yummy! They look so cute! And I know how much work they can be! I'm sure everyone enjoyed them a ton!

Sally said...

I actually received one of these from Amanda on my birthday! It was delicious and adorable. AND I had to split it three ways to share with Dave and Ryan!