Saturday, November 17, 2007

I am such a weanie



Okay, I am such a weanie. I totally am so impatient. The minute I buy gifts for any of my family I have to give it to them. My sister in law buys Christmas presents all year round and just hides them in the closet. Not me! I bought Kevin a new wedding ring a month ago (his old one was a cheapy one and neither of us liked it). When I bought it I thought "Great! We can use this for his birthday and our anniversary (4 years on Nov. 28th)." Nope. The minute he got home, I couldn't stop myself. I ran down to the storage room where I hid it and proposed to my love.
Okay, so now, we have been eyeing this train table for Ian. It was all sold out at our Costco, so I ran to another Costco and bought it. Ian saw it in the back of the car and just got soooo excited he could hardly handle himself. I, of course just melted and realized that we are going to be in Montana for Christmas anyway. So, yes, we gave in and opened it. We did, however, make a big deal of it and say "Merry Christmas" alot while he was opening and playing with it!
(Side note, I had to have Kevin put it together. We bought it on Wednesday morning and all day I kept telling Ian that we would open it and put it together when Daddy got home. Well, dinner was ready when Kevin got home from work. I told Ian, "First, we are going to eat dinner and then we will put together your choo-choo train". You should have seen him! He gave me the sternest look, put his hands on his hips and said, "NO Mommy, Daddy put choo-choo together now!" and then, he waved his hand in the air and stomped off. (I couldn't control myself it was so funny).

7 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

Mandy, you're so funny! I'm the same way, I just want to give presents the second I get them. Also when we buy stuff for me "to save for Christmas, bdays, anniversary etc" I want it right them and there! I can't wait to see you guys at Christmas!

Lacee said...

How will your kids ever believe in Santa Claus?! Maybe you should leave the present buying to Kevin so he can hide them from you! ~Lacee

Nels, Drea, and Crew said...

Weak Amanda!! Good for your kids though. They get twice as many presents!!

adorable pearsons said...

That is so funny! I love the suspense but Chad does not! It is hard if your kids get a sneak peek- I would have caved too!

krista said...

So funny, it's hard not to cave especially when he had seen his little train table. We have laughed so hard at our kids before after they have said something a little sassy to us, kids are so great:)

Shelly Hanson said...

No control...tisk tisk tisk. That's so funny Amanda! Is your family going to have anything to open Christmas morning??

Now I need to check out Kevins new bling next time I see him. Lucky Boy!

Emmy said...

Oh, my word! You are such a pansy and I LOVE it! Miss you!!!
Em