Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The BEST Cookbook and Deceptively


I just purchased this cookbook after a recommendation from my friend Jenny (thanks!). Despite there not being any actual photos of the dishes (a big downside) it is a fantastic book. It is more like a novel. Basically, all of these professional chefs got together and tested, for example, 50 different chocolate chip cookie recipes until they found the best one. Then they tested 100 different ways to make lasagne until they found the best one, etc. Of course, I went for the chocolate chip cookies very first and they were delightful! Really, really good.

Update on the Deceptively Delicious cookbook: Okay, my official opinion after making a handful of the Deceptively Delicious recipes. I like them, but Kevin and I can both definitely tell that the purees have been added. However, Ian cannot! I made the chocolate chip cookies (of course) with a whole can of chickpeas. Ian thought they were great. Now, I can't tell you that if I had a normal chocolate chip cookie right next to the chickpea cookie that I would go for the one with chickpeas. But, I love the fact that Ian can't tell. I.e. This cookbook is great for everyday kids' food, but probably not for a dinner party or if you are really trying to impress your husband!

3 comments:

adorable pearsons said...

I so need to update my cookbook supply- thanks for being the tester for us! Now I know which ones to go and buy! Cute pictures of the kids! I guess that is a plus of Cali- small yards mean small raking jobs!

adorable pearsons said...

I so need to update my cookbook supply- thanks for being the tester for us! Now I know which ones to go and buy! Cute pictures of the kids! I guess that is a plus of Cali- small yards mean small raking jobs!

{natalie} said...

hi amanda, i love the new best recipe. my favorite are the thick and chewy chocolate chip cookies. i just got deceptively delicious for Christmas so I'll be trying some recipes soon. hope you guys have a great holiday!!