Monday, March 1, 2010

Home . . .finally!




We are finally home and Hunter is just a little champ! He is eating and sleeping and pooping and eating and burping and stretching and eating again. Ian is totally enamored with him, Meg doesn't even care to acknowledge his existence. Our major concern right now is RSV. Premies are much more prone to get RSV. Essentially, my two older children have turned into "carrier monkeys" in my eyes. They are walking, talking germs. (but I still love 'em).

So, for the next couple of months we are pretty much staying home (I get bad "cabin fever" so this will be a challenge!) We are washing our hands and using hand sanitizer a million times a day. The kids have to change their clothes every time they go to preschool or play at a friend's house. We are doing lots of laundry! My mom has been here helping out but sadly, she is leaving tomorrow. She has been such an angel . . . cooking, cleaning, playing with the kids, letting me take naps. Oh, what will I do next week without her??!!
Truly, we are just feeling totally grateful right now that we have our little H. Stone with us (minus the sleepless nights). He has helped us slow down a little and be reminded of how tremendously blessed we are.

8 comments:

Melanie said...

That little Hunter is such a cute little peanut! I'm so glad everyone is home and I'll be praying RSV does not find your house!

Wendy said...

Such a good idea about all the anti-RSV precautions! The only thing is that we won't be able to see you for like 2 months--because I think we're always carrying some kind of germs:-( We're so glad that he's doing great!! He sure has the Smith family good looks:-)

jody said...

Congratulations on that darling baby, so glad he is home! Prayers work!

Nels, Drea, and Crew said...

He is so sweet! I am so glad that he got to come home early and that he is doing so well! Like Jody says prayers really do work! Your mom really is wonderful, you will do great this week!

Julie Pitcher said...

so glad everyone is home and healthy. our oldest was preemie...and i'm STILL a freak about germs. can't shake it! so i've been pre-warning everyone about coming to visit with cooties! good luck! he's darling!

Emilee said...

He is so cute! I'm glad that he is home.

Suzie Egge said...

I too hope you can steer clear of that nasty RSV...we spent 4 days with the two youngest girls in the hospital this last month with RSV - NO FUN!! Hunter looks pretty precious - so glad to hear that he is home!

The McBrides said...

what a beautiful baby! So glad he is home and doing well!