Friday, March 12, 2010

Chubby-bubby

Our little buddy is doing fantastic! He is gaining lots of weight, which just makes his mother beam with pride! He is not a crier (knock on wood), but he is SUCH a grunter. All night I hear "uhhh, ahhh, uhhh, grunnnnt, mmmpht, ughhhh, gruuuuntt." It is totally hilarious in the middle of the day, and totally exhausting at 3 a.m. I don't know about the rest of you moms out there, I adore my babies, but when I am up nursing all through the night, I just look at my husband (who I am head over heels for during the day and who does more than his share of household duties) and he just becomes such a little turkey! Just sleeping so soundly! I just want to "accidentally" kick him so he feels a little bit of my lack-of-sleep pain. But alas, I just let him dream, knowing that tomorrow he has to go to work and I get to cuddle and play with our little Hunter. Anyway, enough of my wanting to kick my husband confessions, here are some pictures, especially for Grandpa Jim, who has been doing some serious complaining about the lack of photos.

Stretching-Hunter does this no less than 482 times a day.



Hunter with Grandma Carol.
First bath and boy did he ever love it! It was like he was back in the womb or something. He was so relaxed in his little personal hot-tub.

11 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

Oh Mandy he is so cute! I just want to love on those chubby cheeks! So glad you are all home and doing well. I so know what you mean about the 3 am feedings and wanting to give your husband a little kick and wake him up! Haha :) Again, he is so so so cute!

Sarah said...

What a sweet blessing Amanda! He is so sweet! So precious!

Katie said...

He is so beautiful. I'm so glad to hear that you are all home together again. Your kids all look so cute.

Nels, Drea, and Crew said...

What a sweetie, and hooray that he is not a crier! You are way nicer than I am when it comes to the middle of the night feedings. Nels often feels my leg shoving him out of bed! LOL!

Amy said...

Yeah! A happy post! I am so relieved to hear that everything is going well! Aside from the lack of sleep! Please let me know if you ever need anything as I am just a hop, skip and a jump away from you! I will be happy to drive over to help with whatever I can! He is just beautiful, Amanda!

Chelsea and Cody said...

Both Cody and I laughed at the kick your hubby thing...so funny! I love the bath pics...they are my fave. Keep complaining dad, so we can get more pics!

jody said...

Mandy, he is darling and glad things are going so well!! Congratulations and thanks for sharing your story for us blog droppers

HDH. said...

I want to smell his neck!

Travis and Heather said...

How precious!!

Emmy said...

He is perfection!!! Love you!

Emilee said...

Try (try) to enjoy the quiet 3AM feedings,they will be gone too soon!