Sunday, October 4, 2009

Prima Ballerina

I have Ian involved in so many things, I have been feeling guilty that Meggie didn't have some little activity to be involved in. I am not a dancer. I repeat, not a dancer. Ballets that last longer than 45 minutes are too long for me. When Kevin and I were dating, he surprised me with tickets to Ballet West's "Beauty and The Beast". Little did he know I would MUCH prefer a Jazz Game. (Luckily for me, that is what he prefers as well.) Don't get me wrong, I completely appreciate the work and talent it takes, it's just not my cup o' tea. Anyway, my dear little Meggie has been begging for me to put her in dance lessons. I had to go all over town to find the ballet and tap shoes that were small enough. Miss Barbara is her teacher and we talk about her ALL of the time. They have the Nutcracker in December, which I am ecstatic about (unless, of course, it goes longer than 45 minutes.)

Her favorite thing to do is the "Singin' in the Rain" dance. They all get to pick out umbrellas and scream at the beginning of the song when the thunder roars.
Shuffle, step! (She can barely reach the kid-height ballet bar).
Notice below, my delicate little feminine flower has her sweet little finger up her tiny little nostril.

6 comments:

Chelsea and Cody said...

O my gosh. I want to cry looking at these. I wish I was there! She is an absolute doll. I love the picture of her sitting on the ground looking away. And she is so little!!! Her arm probably gets tired trying to reach that "kid sized" bar!

Emilee said...

Little girls & ballet, what is sweeter?

Melanie said...

Oh! The almighty shuffle step. Nothing cuter. Nothing. Meg is seriously the cutest little ballerina - I love her petiteness.

Ashley Wray said...

Seriously, she is adorable! Love her little outfit (complete with the finger up the nose) I've been thinking about signing Rylee up for dance, you'll have to let me know how it goes!

Emmy said...

Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lacee said...

Oh so cute, I love little ballerinas! I'd love to have a little dancer in our family, but I don't think it will happen with our 2 little boys, so please keep us posted on your little lady :)