Sunday, September 13, 2009

My new craft room!

See this man?
I love this man.


He loves me.


Look what he did for me:

Before:


After:







He has been working on my new craft room for weeks, but hasn't let me even peek. Yesterday was the big "reveal". He thought of everything. EVERYTHING. It is fantastic. He is fantastic. He let me pick the color, but after that he was in charge. I was so blown away when he revealed it. The high table is for gift-wrapping, scrapbooking (need to start that), and fabric cutting. He has a place for my new iron and ironing board (an essential in any craft room). He even has a drop down television under the cupboards over the desk. I have more storage space that I could ask for. I have metal canisters to hold various items, a cork board over the desk to pin pattern instructions, and metal strips on the wall to hold numerous tools. I just go in the room and smile. First project: an apron I cut out a month ago. I need to start sewing . . .

14 comments:

Marjie said...

I am sooo impressed! Way to go, Kevin. You so deserve the room, and the man, Amanda. Enjoy.

Melanie said...

Wow. WoW. WOW! That is an incredible room. How fun! I'm showing Brian this post the MINUTE he gets home tonight. You deserve this, Amanda! And great work, Kevin!

gilliay said...

WOW! Kevin just raised the bar for a lot of husbands out there today...

Chelsea and Cody said...

O my gosh! He is amazing! You picked a good one, Mand! eheh!

Katie said...

Wow!! That is incredible. I want one too!

Ashley Wray said...

Way to go Kevin, and way to go Amanda for snagging such a great guy! I love it, he totally did think of everything. You are going to turn into little miss crafty and I can't wait to see what you come up with!
PS-Are you serious about the Spudman next summer? I don't know about the whole thing, but they let you do teams, one runs, one does the swim, another the bike. I think that's more up my alley. Let me know!

Emilee said...

WOW!

HDH. said...

Whoa. Congrats -- first on your handy husband, and second on your awesome space! I am impressed!

Emmy said...

WOW WEEEE!!! It's fantastic! Great job, Kevin!!!

Joan said...

Wow, Amanda, that is one of the most romantic things I have ever heard or seen. I would be afraid to let anyone have full control of my craft room because I am picky and want everything to have a place...I have so much stuff. Your hubby did a great job though and must have really thought it out carefully. What a great job he did. You are one lucky girl.

Julie Pitcher said...

yep...that's awesome! how fun...what a good surprise! that's a serious inspiration for all other good husbands out there.....hint hint hint

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Celeste said...

That is such a beautiful room! What a good man you have. LOVE it!

jquick said...

What a beautiful room! I am totally jealous!