I have recently been re-introduced to the pioneer woman. I know, I know, it sounds totally mormon. But really, she doesn't even live in Utah. She is fantastic! Very classy and hilarious. I made this for dinner last night and we all about died with how over the top it was. (Kevin is adoring me, which we all know that is the goal, to make our husbands so madly in love with us and our cooking that they are completely wrapped around our little finger.) I wanted to just put the sauce in a cup and drink it. I "tested" the sauce with little "tastes" no less than 987 times. Anyway, I followed this recipe to a "T" minus two points: I didn't have crushed tomatoes, so I used Italian style stewed tomatoes and pureed them in my food processor (blender would work fine). Also, for the wine, I used chicken broth plus 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar. http://thepioneerwoman.com/ We are having some friends over for the football game tomorrow and I am making another one of her recipes: Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Thingies. Love the title! With only three ingredients, all of which I love, I can't imagine them being bad, unless of course I burn them.
Honey Garlic Chicken
1 day ago
10 comments:
I just printed it off... thanks! I am always looking for new great recipes!
I love the Pioneer Woman, too. Looks like I need to try this beauty of a dish.
Oh yummy, totally going to try those! You sound like you have been busy with all your fun crafty and cooking lately! Way to go!
Both of those look incredible! I can't wait to hear how the jalapeno thingies turn out:-)
This looks delicious! I can't wait for Wes to make it for me! HAHA! My mom introduced Pioneer Woman to me a long time ago and I am just in love with her story! I think her blog is fascinating and her photos are beautiful!
I made this also the other night. This will become a favorite regular! Also a great one for company! Yum! Amanda, your picture was so pretty I first thought you'd "borrowed" it from PW's until I saw your countertop under the beautiful bowl! ;)
p.s. I've also made the Bacon wrapped Jalapeno Thingies and another one you MUST make is her Onion Strings... great to use with Anaheim peppers as well as the onions. They kind of got added by mistake, but were wonderful!
Uh...yum!!! I want to make it so bad...but we just had chicken parm this week! Shoot!
Yum...I'll have to give it a try, thanks!
Fantastic! I am totally trying this! And, I love that I can pull Clark's aside and not put the cheese in his. . . yay!
Love you. Miss you. Need to go to Disneyland with you. Please come back. Stay a while. OH! I forgot to tell you! I got a year's subscription to Ridemax - you're the ones who told us about that, right? - and we can't wait to use it! We're going next Thursday on my birfday! YAY!
We had this for dinner a few nights ago...delicious. Glenn drooled and asked when I was going to make it again. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment