I surprised Kevin over the weekend with his Birthday trip to Las Vegas. It was fabulous! He had no idea. I had to weave the biggest web of lies to make sure he didn't find out. I showed up at his work on Friday morning around 9 am and whisked him away!
I told him that he was in charge all weekend. So, of course, the first stop was in St. George for lunch at Outback (then I got some shopping in :). We traveled on to Las Vegas, stayed at the Hilton (which has been totally remodeled and is gorgeous). Then, yup, we transformed into 60 year olds and went to the Barry Manilow concert. (I was named after the song "Mandy", just in case you were wondering.) The concert was completely cheesy, which made it supremely entertaining and hilarious. Saturday morning, we woke up and went to Hoover Dam, then shopping. Then, we again transformed into 60 year olds, and went to dinner at the Bellagio Buffet at 3:30 in the afternoon. Oh yum! ( we were even more pathetic, when we just paid the lunch price, but stayed long enough to get all the dinner items.)
After gaining 10 lbs at the Bellagio, we met up with our good friends, the Cox's, at the BYU v. UNLV game. Great game, great conversation, great friends. It was fantastic!





7 comments:
SO FUN! You are pretty much the best wife EVER!
You 2 are so cute! That sounds like a blast, even if you did Las Vegas 60 year old style :) How fun for a weekend get away!
That sounds like so much fun. You have to be safe with the shows in Vegas, it sounds like you chose well. We all know what happens in Vegas doesn't really stay there!
So fun! How nice to get away without the kiddos, such a good b-day surprise!
I am jealous that you got to see Barry! I heart him! Wes bought me one of his CD's for Christmas a couple years ago! You are a good and thoughtful wife and I am glad you two had a great time!
What a great trip! I love quick get aways... especially to Vegas! Sounds like you had a great time!!!
We had so much fun with you! Thanks!
Post a Comment