Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Dave and Carol's Big Adventure

Kevin's parents, my beloved in-laws, have been on a 5 week trek across the nation. They have sent all of their grandchildren postcards from every significant stop along the way. I hung up a string over our mantle and we have been clothes-pinning each card we get. It's like we've been on the big adventure with them the whole way! To date (and I think we have them all) we have close to 20 postcards. Everywhere from Las Vegas to Washington D.C., Graceland to Arches. It has been so fun reading all the postcards. Ian was in charge of the sharing bag in Preschool and decided to take 3 of the postcards: Mount Rushmore, the Statue of Liberty, and the Liberty Bell. (He would've taken them all, but I had to put a little limit on him!) These pictures are from about 2 weeks into their vacation:




6 comments:

Sarah said...

Can I just say that your kids are adorable! And...what a fun time to have all of those postcards come in the mail!

Lacee said...

So fun! What sweet grandparents they are!

Chelsea and Cody said...

That is so fun! O my gosh...Meggie's hair is sooo long!!!!!

Wendy said...

Love it! And your little people are so cute. And by the way we think that your manicotti is to die for (even Ryan LOVED it)--do share:-)

Amy said...

I want a trip across the country! That is very sweet that they are sending all those cards! It will be fun to look back on them 20 years from now and your children will always have the reminder of how much they were loved by their grandparents!

HDH. said...

Your little Meggie looks just like you! So cute!