Monday, November 2, 2009

Slave Labor

We bought our home last summer and I was totally in love with every inch of it (still am). This is where I want to live forever, well, at least until we are too old to walk upstairs and need to buy a rambler. Anyway, the only time in the past year that I have been cursing our house is the Fall. Seriously, CURSING. We have a ginormous amount of trees in our yard with an even more ginormous amount of leaves. It takes us forever to rake. So, this year I decided that I would enlist the help of some little leaf elves to help us clean up.




11 comments:

Amy said...

We have the same problem at our house. Love all the huge trees, hate the mass amount of leaves. Wes just mows them up twice a week and so far we haven't had to pull out the rakes yet! I wish I had some little elves to sweep and mop my floors though!

Joan said...

I got a leaf blower that also has the vacuum switch. Now it's fun to pick up leaves because it also mulches them. It's much more fun that raking.

Ashley Wray said...

You've got some adorable little leaf elves, hope they were good helpers :) We are lucky (?) in that we don't have many trees and all their leaves are very small so we don't have to do much raking. Good luck!

Lacee said...

I hope they were good little helpers!

HDH. said...

It's good for the little cuties!

Chelsea and Cody said...

That gave me a good smile...love those kiddos!

Nels, Drea, and Crew said...

Such Sweeties! I love Megan's little attitude pose in the last picture!

Emilee said...

I have no leaves ~ just weeds! Maye by next year I will have 10 leaves to rake up!

Emmy said...

What. Gorgeous. Children.

Quinn said...

They look sooooo cute! I can't believe how grown up they look! Time sure does fly by. Did the "help" by playing or did the really help? My kids "helped" by making a worse mess... but it was fun to watch. I'm so happy you love your house & hope you guys are doing well! xoxo

The McBrides said...

They are growing up so fast! They are so dang cute, we miss you guys around here!