Friday Night:
Boys' Night Out: Ian and Dad went to Monsters vs. Aliens, 5 Guys Burgers, and Baskin & Robbins. (Ian could hardly control himself he was so excited, he asked me no less than 18 times on Friday how long it was until it was time for "Boys' Night Out". He told Meggie no less than 18 times exactly what he and daddy had planned for their big adventure.)
Girls' Night Out: Meggie and Mom went to Noodles, shopping, and Spoon Me. (We talked all about Meggie's favorite colors, her dollies, the kind of ice cream we were eating, what cute outfit we were going to buy, and how much fun we were having.)
Saturday:
Watched Conference, realized I need to be more frugal and pray more intently, set up tent in our living room (because we never use that room anyway), read multiple library books, had yogurt "parfaits" (because that's what Fancy Nancy calls them, darling), ate dinner in our tent.
Sunday:
Listened to a Prophet's voice, went on a nice long walk on the Jordan River Parkway, visited David Stanley's grave, played at the park, ate really good fajitas, listened to a Prophet's voice again, realized that sometimes I'm a total idiot (sorry mom), went on a bike ride, played on our backyard swingset, had family home evening, made a really good berry smoothie, read more library books, kissed the babies good night, cuddled with my hubby.
Ahhhhh, I wish every weekend could be like this (except for the total idiot part.)
5 comments:
THAT is a magical weekend. And you're not an idiot. . . (insert sarastic, funny line here that I cannot come up with right now. :)
Sounds wonderful!
I wish you a lifetime of thaT kind of weekend. The idiot thing....we all need to have a sense of humor and take our turns with that!!
Love you and yours. Mom
Sounds perfect, all around! I want to see some pictures of this tent! And we all have our idiot moments, good things mom's love us no matter what!
It was a nice weekend. Great conference...and I loved the talks. Basically, I felt impressed to live the gospel more simply, back to basics....and live providently(which I'm AWFUL at!) So, on to better things, hopefully!
So, you're into Fancy Nancy too? My oldest daughter loves the books, and we conned a good friend into doing a fancy Nancy party for her last birthday. WAY over the top...but completely memorable!
Post a Comment