On an Easter note:
We had a great Easter. My mom came to visit for the weekend, which is always wonderful. We went to the Cottonwood Heights Annual Easter Egg Hunt, which, as expected was over in 47 seconds. Meggie would ONLY pick up the PINK eggs. She kept passing on all the rest.


We had a fabulous Easter dinner (thanks to my mom). Chels and Cody came, along with my cousin Katie and her husband Dan. The Easter bunny even found us, and left his footprints on our front porch!
On a spiritual note:
Easter has become so much more meaningful since the death of our baby son. We went to the graveside on Sunday and were again reminded of the infinite and eternal atonement provided free to us by our Savior. I am overwhelmed by his greatness and goodness to me and my family. I know that without Him we are nothing. I know that because of Him we will see our little David again.
On a slightly humorous note:

4 comments:
What happy Easter! that's so funny that she would only pick up the pink ones. You and your mom look so much alike... how fun to have her here.
Ha! Too bad about that expensive egg. I'd say your floors look clean enough to eat off of!
Glad you had a fun Easter weekend, and how fun that your mom got to come visit!
We love you guys, thanks for your special thoughts about Easter and your sweet little angel!
Is that laminate floor from Costco? It looks just like what Kelly and I put down in our entry/kitchen area. I have questions about your bread 1)is gluten flour the same as vital wheat gluten 2)what is instant yeast 3)do you ever use more than the 5 cups of flour to make the dough more firm?
Hi Emilee!
I don't have your email address so this is where I am responding to the bread questions!
1) gluten flour is the same as vital wheat gluten
2) instant yeast is the same as quick-rising or rapid rise. we have "saf-instant" here in Utah but grandma cannot find it in MT. (I ending up getting her some for Christmas!)
3) The original recipe calls for 6 cups of flour, but I usually only use 5 because I think bread comes out better when the dough is just barely past being sticky and still very soft.
Hope you enjoy it! I just put another batch in the oven myself!
Post a Comment