





Today we are celebrating Kevin's birthday! He started his morning out with a 4.5 mile run and then headed off to work (I'm sure treating himself to an egg mcmuffin along the way). The kids and I have been making his cake and wrapping presents, along with other errands. Thanks to Auntie Rogierre, Kevin and I are going on a date tonight while she takes the kiddos.
Here are the Top 10 reasons that I am grateful for my hubby:
1) Besides the Lord, he is the one who has brought me peace through the loss of our little David. We have grown so much closer and found a greater love and appreciation for each other and the tremendous blessings we have been given.
2) He is ambitious, he always has a goal he is working towards. Right now it is attending Police Officer Standards Training so he can add that to his resume.
3) He is a phenomenal father. He is so good about playing with the kids when he gets home from work. They play hide and go seek, steal the bacon, red light green light and wrestle every night!
4) He is hilarious. I mean really hilarious. We laugh all the time, and for anyone who knows me, you know I love to laugh!
5) He is a peacemaker. He cannot stand the thought of anyone in his family, especially his wife, being upset.
6) He is such a good gift-giver. his gifts to me are always totally creative. Like, for instance, last year I had been complaining about what a pain it is to cook for a picky eater (i.e. Kevin). So, for Christmas, he had an award engraved with "Best Home Chef 2007" then my name and a thank you on it. What a guy!
7) He is always encouraging me to spend money on myself and take "me" time. I know, crazy!
8) He's a great kisser!
9) He has REALLY nice legs. I love to be behind him on hikes so that I can watch his calf muscles flex!
10) He is a great provider, giving us a lot of peace during these tough economic times.
Thanks for letting me rave about my main man, I think he needed to know how much I adore him!
Happy Birthday my love!
p.s. I used this picture because Kevin looks so stinkin' buff!
9 comments:
Those are such good reasons, and they are all so true! We love you Kevin! O, and way to go on the run! Whew!
Kevin, I must say your biceps look quite muscular in that picture! Hope you had a wonderful day, oh and did you know you share a birthday with Anne Curry from The Today Show? Watched it this morning and it was her bday too! Mandy, love your list, very sweet!
Sweet post, Amanda. Happy Birthday to Kevin!
Happy Birthday! Look like fun... I like your new hair cut, by-the-way!
Happy Birthday Kevin! Those cakes look yummy! My birthday is in May if you want to ship one up. :) Looks like you were pretty spoiled.
P.S. I want to know what was in the huge box!
Happy Birthday Kevin. ...He is so good to you and that is so great. I love all those cute reasons for loving him... and his buff calf muscles! :)
Looks like Kevin had a happy birthday! What a great guy, I especially love the part about how he actually encoourages you to spend $ on yourself, wow! ~Lacee
Your husband has a lucky wife to say all those nice things :-) So what was in the big wrapped present???? Oh the suspense! By the way, this is Kristi Cloward writting :-) Love ya!
That was sweet Amanda. You're a good wife.
Post a Comment