
Um yeah . . . I think it's maybe time for an update, eh? This is the beginning of a series of posts to get our little blog up to date.
The entire month of May was total insanity. Sure honey, I'll leave my dear friends, comfortable surroundings and nice home and move two states away to a place where I literally have to "go into town for provisions." What in tar-nation was I thinking?? I thought I was up for a little adventure, but got a HUGE adventure instead.
We packed up the house and a 26 foot Uhaul (which didn't fit all of our stuff, fortunately we had some dear friends deliver the rest of it a couple days later!). We sold half of our furniture because, well, homes are just smaller in California and we taking this opportunity to simplify. (I have to keep telling myself that we never used our formal living room anyways, we never used our formal living room anyways, we never used our formal living room anyways.)
We left a home that we thought we were going to be in for 30 years. We bought our house in Utah imagining our many Christmases and Thanksgivings there. I LOVED this house. Kevin jokingly called it "Pemberly" (you who know should know what this means). It had the perfect backyard. But, we really never used our formal living room anyways.
We drove across Northern Nevada (not a pretty drive, sorry you Nevadans out there). That's all I have to say about that. Except, it was fun talking to Kevin on our walkie-talkies . . . him in the Uhaul and me in the van.
We arrived in Truckee, CA which is the North Lake Tahoe area. Why couldn't the town be named something cool like, well, North Lake Tahoe? "Truckee" is actually and old Indian name of some chief, which I am sure my kids will come to appreciate in their CA state history classes.
Kevin started his new big boy job. He is loving it. Loving it. Loving it. His office overlooks the runway. I don't think he actually gets any work done. In the mean time, I have been doing my best to get acclimated to our new life. Figuring out where the library is, joining the local children's museum (awesome), finding a new pediatrician and dentist, signing the kiddos up for swim lessons, etc. We are also busy looking for a home to buy while we just rent a townhome for the summer.
3 comments:
You never used your formal living room anyways! Love ya! Such a cute post!
What a fun new adventure! However, I must admit- the word 'moving' is now deemed a swear word in our house. It has most definitely lost it's 'adventurous gleam!' Give it a few more weeks and soon the adventure will become home, another home to love- one w/out a formal living room, that you wouldn't use anyway! :)
I'm impressed that Kevin knows what "Pemberly" means!:-)
Post a Comment