Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas in Montana

-18 degrees (yes, negative.) That is what the thermometer read when my Dad and Ian went out to feed the cows one morning. Yikes! Last year we were in CA for Christmas basking in the balmy 50 degree weather. Despite the terribly cold temps, we had a fantastic Christmas.

There is (almost) nothing I look more forward to than Christmas Eve at Grandpa and Grandma Stott's home. My Grandma is the queen of all hostesses. The food is fabulous. I made fruit salsa with cinnamon chips and it was a hit (i.e. make this stuff)!
We have multiple traditions Christmas Eve, like the Night Before Christmas Pass Around Game, reading about the birth of the Savior and singing Christmas songs, eating trifle, and gift exchanges. The biggest hit was Uncle Jay's gift to Ian . . . a VERY dangerous foam sword:




Santa Claus sure gets around! After Meggie's horrifying experience at the mall with Santa (He said "HOHOHO!" too loud), it took a lot of coaxing to get her to sit on his lap again.

The "Aunts": Aunt Cody and Aunt Chelsea. (Inside joke. Cody's not feminine.)

Meggie and her BFF in Montana, Sophie.
Grandpa Stan. Wonderful, wonderful man.

Not so happy about having to wait to go see if Santa came (in their new princess and Transformer PJ's they opened Christmas Eve.)
Grandma got Meggie lots of "Fancy Nancy" kind of things: a pink feather boa, white gloves, tiaras, a tutu, etc.
Ian and Grandpa playing Twister, one of Ian's 5 games he got for Christmas.

5 comments:

Travis and Heather said...

Christmas is so much more fun with kids!! I think I get more excited now than when I was a kid. I think, that was a long time ago, so I really don't know. But I sure get SUPER excited now. It must of been a blast to be in your hometown for Christmas! Yeah for you guys!! Love ya

Ashley Wray said...

Yay, love your post and amen to it all! It was so fun to see you guys, and Christmas Eve, was as always, so fun. You kids are adorable, I love Meggie's perfected pose for the camera. Glad you made it home safely!

Emmy said...

Looks like a GREAT holiday! I love how much you love your grandparents. . . I feel like they're mine, too! I remember the first time I met them and I had to hug them! I couldn't help it. :)
Your kids are delicious. . .maybe almost as delicious as the food you make. Did I tell you I made the chicken parmasean? It was killer! Thanks!
Love you! Miss you!

Amy said...

It looks like a fun filled trip with the Stott clan! It is always fun to see pics of your family - they are all such good people and I have great memories of nearly all 500 of them! Ha ha!
P.S. Thanks again for being my Santa and delivering the gifts to my brother! You are my hero! Let's get together again soon! It was so great to visit with you the other night!

Wendy said...

Your family really does it up right! What a fabulous Christmas for you guys. We really are so looking forward to seeing you again:-)