Monday, November 2, 2009

Marathon Halloween (a very late post)

We had 5 Halloween party/events this year. Yes, five. Ian had a very difficult time deciding what to be, so mom had to go to the store without him and "surprise" him with a $12 costume from Walmart.

I made Meggie a witch skirt (in my new craft room . . . smile), which she wore multiple times. She couldn't decide if she wanted to be a "mean witch" or a "nice witch". I personally liked her as a "mean witch", she would scrunch up her little face and try to say in her raspiest little voice "I'm a MEAN witch"!

Our festivities included:
Ian's Preschool Party
Meggie's Dance Party
Kevin's work Halloween Party
Our Church Halloween Trunk or Treat
Our Neighbor and good friend's, the Humeniuk's party
And finally, Trick or Treating

Whew!

The kids had a blast, but my main disappointment is that I think because my kids are so young that everyone gives them the "little" candy. (i.e. I have nothing to eat at my house except for smarties, dum dums and fruit flavored tootsie rolls. Come on people! The mothers of small children need chocolate, too! Where are my snickers and twix???)






2 comments:

Wendy said...

Ian's outfit looks amazing for $12! Meggie is as cute as pie. And for the record...I SO agree with you on the fruit flavored tootsie rolls (seriously people?!).

Chelsea and Cody said...

They look AWESOME!!! Seriously!