Monday, September 29, 2008

"Too pure, too lovely . . ."


We want to thank so many of you who have sent flowers, come and visited, called, sent letters and came to the graveside service, for our sweet little David Stanley Smith. He was stillborn on Thursday, September 18th due to umbilical cord complications. We know more than ever that Jesus Christ is our Savior, that he has a plan for our family to be together forever, and that our little baby is waiting patiently for us in heaven.

"The Lord takes many away, even in infancy, that they may escape the envy of man, and the sorrows and evils of this present world; they were too pure, too lovely, to live on earth; therefore, if rightly considered, instead of mourning we have reason to rejoice as they are delivered from evil, and we shall soon have them again. …

“… The only difference between the old and young dying is, one lives longer in heaven and eternal light and glory than the other, and is freed a little sooner from this miserable, wicked world. Notwithstanding all this glory, we for a moment lose sight of it, and mourn the loss, but we do not mourn as those without hope.” Joseph Smith

23 comments:

Chelsea and Cody said...

Love you Manda.

Ashley Wray said...

We love you guys, you've been in our thoughts and prayers constantly, how blessed we are to have the gospel.

Melanie said...

Oh, Amanda, the picture of little David is just like you described - what a blessing to have his memory in the pictures you had taken. I love the quote from Joseph Smith. I continue to pray for you every day. I love you so much.

MamaBearFive said...

What a beautiful little baby. Thank you for sharing his photo with us. You all have been in so many of our thoughts and all of our prayers. Thank heaven for knowing the truth of all things from beginning to eternity. We love you so much!

Luke and Erin said...

That picture is beautiful. He looks just like a peaceful angel.
You guys are so strong and have such a beautiful testimony.
Please know that you are in our thought and prayers.

Nels, Drea, and Crew said...

He is perfect. What a comfort the gospel can be in such hard times. We love your family so much. We pray for you to have peace and strength every day.

adorable pearsons said...

We are so sorry for what your family has gone through. What a sweet post, filled with love and hope. You are in our thoughts and prayers. We love you. What a beautiful angel you have.

The Katzbox said...

Amanda, thank you for sharing your faith and testimony with us. This is Debbie, Emily Bowman Slussers' mom. We love you honey. Emily called me this morning and we wept together on the phone and talked about our love for you and Heavenly Father's love for your sweet David...and David's sweet love for you as well. We will continue to pray for you and your husband and your sweet family. Take care sweetheart.

Katie said...

Thank you for sharing David's photo. He is beautiful. Love you!

Travis and Heather said...

Oh Amanda! I am so sorry to hear about your loss! Your little guy is so sweet and precious. I can't imagine how you must be feeling. I appreciate your testimony and am strengthened by your strength. Love ya

Wendy said...

Buddy, we just love you guys so much. You're always in our thoughts and prayers.

The McBrides said...

You are such a wonderful example to me of such great faith and I am reminded of your example every day when I worry over my pregnancy and remember that it is in the Lords hands and I need to have faith in His will. Thanks for sharing your picture, We love you and keep you in our prayers!

Ringhiser family said...

What a beautiful baby boy, and a beautiful way to remember him. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Dots n Daisies said...

He is a beautiful little boy. I was so sad to hear what happened. I have been thinking about you and have been keeping you in my prayers.

Celeste said...

Sorry that last one was me... love you.

Julie Pitcher said...

Amanda,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. He is beautiful. I will be thinking of you...Julie

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

We are sad to hear of the loss of your baby. Thank you for sharing your picture of David with us, he is beautiful. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. Love, Sunshine and Matt

Anonymous said...

We love you guys and our prayers and thoughts are with you. It's a great thing to have the gospel in our lives to give us understanding.

karenjbriggs said...

Amanda, What a BEAUTIFUL, precious picture. Thank you for sharing that. My heart goes out to you and your family. May our Heavenly Father grant you peace and wrap you in His love during this.

Quinn said...

What a beautiful little boy! Thank you for sharing that photo & the quotes. I've been thinking about you a lot & wanting to check in on you. I found out about the graveside an hour before & wasn't able to run, but I really, really, really wanted to be there. Know you're in our hearts & prayers. Love you so much! xoxo

Karrie said...

He is beautiful. We love you guys. You are both rocks.

3in3mom said...

what a beautiful photo--so sorry for your loss. He's a beautiful angel!