Monday, September 15, 2008

Our new little addition to the family . . .

No, we haven't had the baby yet. Still 9 days to go. Yuck! But, we do have a new little addition . . . a beta fish, lovingly named Jackson (Ian's idea). After the dog trauma, Kevin and I were feeling bad for Ian and decided to take the plunge (literally) and buy the kids a fish. He has brought a lot of giggles, requires no poop-scooping, only has to be fed every 3 days, doesn't bite, and from what I hear from my friend Jean, is virtually impossible to kill!




And, me in all my hugeness. I know, can you believe I can even still stand up????

8 comments:

Luke and Erin said...

Oh, the worst part...only 9 days!! I am excited to see pictures!
Congrats on the fish. I was so sad to hear about that dog attack. I am glad he is okay. It would be awful to watch something like that happen to you child. Good luck, hope you are feeling great, well as great as you can ;)
~Erin

Suzie Egge said...

I sooooo know how you are feeling.....the end bring great relief!!! At least the end is in sight.....then begins the chaos of three.....at least for us anyways!!

Melanie said...

I'm so glad you posted a picture of that cute belly...if we compared, you would feel better...and I still have THREE months to go!! Good luck the next few days. And I like the fish idea and am very honored you named it after my firstborn.

Emmy said...

Getting so excited to see that new baby!!!!

Emmy said...

Ummm . .do you know what gender the baby is? I only have your blog to get information on your family. . .and, recently I feel a bit deprived. :)

Chelsea and Cody said...

But how do you hold he? Ha!

Jean said...

Yea! You'll be so happy with your beta fish. The excitement of the fish has totally worn off here. The kids almost never even look at them. I think they get fed once a week now and they're still swimmin'! And thanks for the pic of your belly. You look awesome!

Wendy said...

Buddy--my heart literally skipped a beat when I read "our new little addition to the family"! I seriously thought by some miracle, you'd had your baby early. We are so excited to see you guys...and your new little fish too:-)