Well, I'm a lousy blogster. (I prefer "blogster" over "blogger" it just sounds more rockstar-ish) But, I do have an excuse. We bought a house that needs serious work. We started with the Kitchen:
After:
We still have 4,262 little projects that need "tweeking" to finish everything off, but it is nice to be out of the 1980's.
We still have 4,262 little projects that need "tweeking" to finish everything off, but it is nice to be out of the 1980's.What we did:
Painted the kitchen cabinets (seriously, how many homes am I going to have to do this in. It is a big hairy no-one-in-their-right-mind kind of project. Don't do it!)
New countertops
New backsplash (we finally finished grouting that two days ago. The tile had been up for 6 weeks already!)
New appliances
Raised some cabinets to ad dimension
Crown moulding
New island (it is bigger than it looks in the picture. Weird camera angle, I guess.)
New lighting
Blood, sweat, tears, yadda, yadda, yadda.
Now we are on to our Master bathroom, which currently looks like an 80's paint job gone seriously bad.
I found this sleigh bed at a consignment store, painted it antique white and . . . voila! I have one happy girl!
(Yes, I know that this is the Target bedding that everyone has. I am waiting for her grandma to make her something more Laura-Ashley-ish. (hint, hint!)
11 comments:
I love it! You guys are so handy. It turned out wonderful. I need to come and see it in person!
I can't believe the difference in your kitchen! I even saw it more than half done! It looks amazing! I would love to make Megan a quilt--maybe during the "summer of Marjie"! yeah! Love to you all!
Did I use enough exclamation points? I will proof-read from now on.
Talk about a blog extravaganza! So many cute posts, I don't even know where to start. Your kitchen looks ammmmazing! Seriously, love it. Your kiddos are so darling and getting so big and you look great as well! Glad to see you back blogster :)
Ooooh. Looks so good! I need this right now because I am wanting to find a house where I don't have to do anything because I've done it so many times. But you inspire me!
Oh my word...love the new kitchen look...where do you ever find the time!?!?
AMAZING!!! Seriously, could you come and paint our oak cabinets too? :-) You guys have done such a fabulous job. I can't wait to see it all in person. And by the way, Brenley has the same exact Target bedding (love it!).
So gorgeous! You guys are amazing. And Rachel has the same Target bedding too! We must be kindred spirits!
Your kitchen looks awesome!
Amanda, your kitchen is gorgeous! You did an amazing job!
I LOVE it! You are such a great decorator, revamping, remodeling Queen. And Kevin is the King! Can't wait to see it in person some time! ;)
Post a Comment