Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Snowy Thanksgiving

My parents came from Montana and my brother came from Idaho for Thanksgiving. It was their first time coming to see us since we moved. The kids were so excited to see G&G they could hardly stand it. Every day for a month before they arrived the kids would ask, "How many more sleeps until 'Grandpa-with-the-whiskers' and Grandma get here?" We had a fabulous time! We went to Sequoia and Yosemite National Parks and then came back to Tahoe for Thanksgiving. It snowed and snowed and snowed. I had no idea I signed up for this when we moved here. I just need to keep remembering the perfect summer weather and the perfect lake. That'll get me through the winter.

Yosemite. It was awesome. We should have packed more snow gear, but it was still awesome.
Grandpa and his boys.
Ian and Grandpa stayed in a tent (the girls slept in the hotel, of course!). Ian thought he and Grandpa were the coolest, they stayed in a (heated) tent and played "Pass the Pigs" until all hours of the night. I'm certain lots of male bonding went on.

Silly boy. I think he learned this at Preschool. That's what our hard earned money pays for.
General Grant's Tree. This tree's lumber could build 40 (count 'em: For-tee) 5,000 square foot homes. It is girnormous. The picture doesn't do it justice.
The three trees behind us are called "the Happy Family". Awwwww . . .
Meggie and Bamma.

Our Gingerbread House Christmas Tradition. Yes, I bought it at Costco. No, I'm not ashamed.
My heart.
At the lake. I already can't wait for summer.
Ian insisted that we have pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving. I had already planned on pecan and apple, but caved at the last minute when Ian said "EVERYONE has pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving." Another little nugget he learned at preschool.
Here Chels, this is what I mean by our icicles looking like javelins. And this wasn't even one of the big ones.
She has such a sense of style.

Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Chelsea and Cody said...

Whew! Cute pics...huge icicle...cuter kiddos!

HDH. said...

Meg and your mom are TWINS! Wow!