Here is my friend Mel:

Here is her incredible food blog:
Here is how I changed it to make it more "Kevin" friendly. (He won't touch a dessert that has anything "fruity" in it, especially if it has chocolate along with that fruit. "Bluh!" is his exact phrase.) I've been making the usual rice krispy treats our entire marriage, they are one of Kevin's favorite things. However, I always am left feeling a little "dry" and missing one level of additional flavor. Well, does this recipe ever deliver! I modified her original recipe a little, to make it work well for a 9x13 pan.

Rice Krispy Treats
4 1/2 T. Butter
16 oz. mini marshmallows
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1/4 t. salt
1/2 t. vanilla
7 1/2 cups rice krispies
Melt butter in a large pot over low heat. Add marshmallows, white chocolate chips, and salt and cook, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth, about 8 minutes. Stir in vanilla.
Off heat, stir in rice krispies until incorporated. Scrape mixture into greased 9x13 pan and press into bottom and corners with a greased spatula (I just used my fingers since the marshmallows weren’t overly hot at this point). Let cool slightly, then add mini M&M's and press into the top.
1 comments:
1) so glad you liked this recipe and am not surprised at all you changed it up to your liking since I am convinced you are a culinary genius and am making your famous apricot pork loin four times this week,
2) please delete that picture immediately.
Post a Comment