Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Eat your heart out, Pearson Boys!


I got to meet, yes, MEET Michael Jordan last week. My male cousins have spent more money on this man's paraphernalia than perhaps anything. They Worshipped him growing up, with a capital "W". And, I got to meet him! The Bishop of our ward organizes celebrity Pro-Am golf tournaments for a living and has been friends with Jordan for the last 20 years. I am in the Young Womens and he arranged it for us to come and meet Michael Jordan with the Youth. I brought Hunter along. The only big bummer was not getting my picture with him. I'll survive. I was really hoping that he would pick up Hunter, give him a hug, and whisper in his ear some ancient Chinese secret to becoming the next greatest basketball player in the world. But alas, my wish was in vain.


Hunter was still a happy kid about the whole thing, even though he didn't get whispered the "secret". Maybe enough of Grandpa Jim's talents will wear off and Hunter can be a great ball player anyway.

Above is our cute Bishop. Get this, he also goes on USO tours with people like Drew Brees. Crazy!
Is this a great picture? I am awed by the Lake every time I am there.

So, Pearson boys, I'll tell you all about it at the family reunion. Wish you could've been there!!! (teeheehee!)

6 comments:

McKay and Ashley Pearson said...

Thats pretty sweet! Our bedroom downstairs is still full of Jordan posters- lol! P.S. can I get your bishops number!

Nels, Drea, and Crew said...

Life is so cruel and unfair! If I remember correctly you were a "Larry Bird" crony (sp?) of your dad! LOL! That is awesome! I will just have to live my dream through you, as you recount the story of getting to meet MJ! Thanks for pouring salt in the wounds! Nels

Ashley Wray said...

Oh my goodness, that is hilarious! I do remember the basement of the Pearson home being more of a shrine to MJ than anything else :) Haha! How cool that your bishop has all the awesome hookups!
Looking forward to seeing you tonight! Hope your journey is going well!

Wendy said...

Sometimes I dream...that he is me. Can't you see that's how I dream to be? I dreamed I moved, I dreamed I grooved...like Mike, if I could be like Mike!

Emilee said...

Love the title!

Celeste said...

That is awesome!