Big news. Big News. Well, big news in our little life, I guess! Kevin has accepted the position as the General Manager of the Tahoe Truckee Airport. We are moving to Lake Tahoe the beginning of May! We are so excited about this new adventure and know its the right thing for our family. Kevin is walking around giddy as a little schoolgirl. Me, I'm going bananas. But, I'm totally happy about it.
Our list of things to do is loooong. We are taking this as a time to simplify our lives a little. I have sold 1/2 of our furniture. We are getting ready to put our laundromat on the market (anyone interested?). Our house is on the market and we have already had 4 offers. (I can't even stand to look at our house when I am pulling into the driveway. We thought we were going to be here for 30 years. The first time we saw it, we fell in love without even seeing the inside. Boo-hoo. I'll survive.)
We are currently taking reservations for anyone who wants free room and board in Tahoe this summer :)
I'll keep everyone updated, but for now, I have about a bazillion things on my to-do list!
Happy Day!
11 comments:
Wow! How exciting. I've never been, but I'm sure it's beautiful and you'll love it. Who knows, maybe we will take you up on your offer some day.
Good luck with everything!
YEAH! Congrats! Lake Tahoe is beautiful....chalk us up for a reservation :). We're super excited for your cute family. Is there anything we could do to help? I could zip down and help pack, grab the kiddos, or donate our 1 million boxes that we have collected over our moves. Can't wait to hear more deatils. Congrats again!
Congratulations! WOW! That's a big move! What side of the lake will you be on? NV or CA side? Have you started looking at properties out there? Oh, my goodness!! I have so many questions, but I will let you pack first. :) LOVEYOU!
Whaaaat!? This is indeed big news! I am sad that you are moving but so very happy for your hew adventure! I heart Lake Tahoe so you may be getting a visit from us! It is beautiful there and I remember thinking how cool it would be to raise children there! Do you know what side of the lake you will be living on? Best of luck and please let me know if you need any help packing up!
How exciting! How far away! Your egg counter is gone your not leaving Seinfeld & ??? in UT are you? Maybe (big maybe) we will visit someday, I would love to spend time on the lake. Good luck with house selling and hunting!
Oh my goodness, that is big news! And exciting too. I'm sure a little bittersweet at the same time, but Lake Tahoe is gorgeous. We will have to start planning a trip :) Good luck with the packing moving etc!
how exciting!! I am sad that now when I go to SLC it won't even be possible to see you!! Not that I saw you a lot anyway, but now it won't even be an option....Fun adventure though. Yea for you!!
Well, I think that it stinks:-( I know it will be amazing...and that I'm only thinking of myself...but I am so depressed! I will miss you SOSOSOSO much--I can't even think about it.
So it is true!! The rumor has been circulating the ward. I am really happy for you guys... Tahoe is so beautiful and one of my favorite places! We are going to miss you guys... thank goodness for blogging! I will always be able to keep tabs on you.
This is such an exciting move and adventure for your family, though we will miss you all so terribly! I cannot wait to visit! We love you all,
Dave, Sally and Ryan
Wow! Tahoe will be a fantastic place to live! But I'll be sorry that you're not here anymore -- not that I ever see you. But still! You'll have to keep going with your blog, especially now that mine's kaput and gone, so that we can keep in semi-touch. When are you going?
Your kids are darling! Congrats again on the birth (and blessing) of your little Hunter. You are a blessed family!
Post a Comment