I cannot believe that Meggie is 3! Her birthday was fun, although I did do something I vowed I would never do: "Not really make that big a deal of her bday because it is right after Christmas and she has been totally inundated with tons of presents and toys already." I feel bad, but seriously, she still thought her birthday was great. I am thinking that next year she will start figuring it out and I will have to have a big bash to make up for the last three years of not going "all out".
She got new pans for her kitchen from Grandpa Jim and Grandma Marjie and a ToysRUS gift card from Grandpa Dave and Grandma Carol. We gave her a CD player for her room so she can listen to Primary music at night before she goes to sleep. And, I made her some Fancy Nancy pajama bottoms. (If you have girls, you have GOT to know who Fancy Nancy is! The books are delightful!)
We decorated pink cupcakes with lots of sprinkles and had a fun little family party.




9 comments:
Cute! Love the cupcake idea! We LOOOOOOOOOVE Fancy Nancy at this house.
My brother's birthday is a few days before Christmas and we used to have a half birthday party for him in the summer. He's still bitter about the December birthday, but we tried!! :)
Megan is so cute, Amanda! I love her expressions.
Happy Birthday Meg! We love Fancy Nancy too!
I have the same birthday problem here, Jer's brithday is on Jan 1! It is a tough one... good luck :)
I love the giant cupcakes...so cool. Um...why didn't we get a picture of the pj pants?!?!?!? We love you meggie!
I want you back in Montana! --so much fun in those little people. Love you so.
Don't feel bad about not going all out. We spent $40 on Emerson this Christmas and called it good! When they are that young I don't think they care about all the frills and numbers. It looks like she had a great time regardless and who can complain about gigantic cupcakes and pink pans?!
Three, what a milestone! She is so-o-o-o cute!!
I can't believe she is 3 either! Your kids are sooo adorable! I hear ya on the big birthday bashes. I try to get away with a friend party every other year. So far its worked pretty good. We like to bribe them with doing something fun with just us!
Yeah! The big 3! Kamree is right behind her. It blows my mind how fast it has gone! Megan is darling & you are a darling mom :). Hope a visit up to B Town is in the works!
Post a Comment