I got this recipe from my sister-in-law Wendy, the best cook I know. (She told me I would get a standing ovation from my husband if I made this, and I did!). 

Sweet Onion Grilled Pork Chops
1 large SWEET yellow onion julienned (cut 1/4 inch thick)
Olive Oil
Handful of fresh chopped rosemary (I used dried, because that is what I had on hand, but I'm sure fresh would be better)
1/4 cup orange marmalade
1 T sugar (optional, this gets pretty sweet)
2 T balsamic vinegar
For rub:
Chopped thyme and rosemary
2 cloves pressed garlic
salt and pepper
4 thick pork chops
For onion topping: In heavy pan coat onions with olive oil, add rosemary, sugar, marmalade and vinegar. Stir until all mixed. Cover and cook on very low heat for 2 hours (sounds long but it is worth it!). Mix rub together to form a paste and rub on both sides of the chops. Grill. Top with onion topping.
Tip: I cook all of my pork to 140 degrees internal temperature and remove from grill, then tent it with foil. It keeps cooking after you remove it from the grill. Pork is safe when it is still a little pink. Don't overcook, or you will have really dry pork!
Seriously, make this. You'll thank me. And your hubby will LOVE you!
Honey Garlic Chicken
1 day ago
3 comments:
O yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to make it...looks delish!
yummmm.... I'm going to have to try that!
I made this tonight! Delicious! Thanks Amanda :)
Post a Comment