Yes, I'm backtracking to give the report on our Christmas. We spent it with Kevin's parents in the Bay Area. They are always so good to us. The activities and abundance of good food never ceased to disappoint. Kevin and I decided to run across the Golden Gate bridge and back while Grandpa and Grandma watched the kiddos. Here is the after shot, all gross and sweaty!
Christmas morning, presents could be seen for miles. I had to take four huge boxes of toys to DI, just so that we could fit all the new ones in the house. Seriously, I could never buy my kids a toy again and they would still be well taken care of between Kevin's parents and my parents.
Kevin's Grandma has a couple of incredibly beautiful acres right in the middle of the Bay area. We love to go there, enjoy the peace, and take tractor rides!


On a side note . . .
We are speaking in church on Sunday, and of course, the topic they give us is being steadfast through adversity (Elder Wirthlin's talk "Come What May, And Love It). Sure, just what I needed. Couldn't we be speaking about succession of the priesthood, or the pioneers or something. I am such a ball baby anyway, I can only imagine how this is going to go! Pray for me. Please. (wink!)
7 comments:
Oh, I love Gramdma's house! My favorite is waking up in the morning to that smell of pine!
I will of course keep you in my prayers!
How fun, I've never been to the Bay Area but I heard it's beautiful! I love your short hair, I think I mention that on everyone of your blog posts, but it's seriously adorable on you!
You'll do great on Sunday, but I will for sure pray for you! Let us know how it goes!
Oh jeesh, Amanda, I'm sorry about your topic. But I know you'll do amazing because you are one of the best speakers (not to mention one of the most faithful women) I know.
I want to come and watch you guys speak and bawl along with you! You'll do such a good job and I just know that what you say will give strength to someone who needs it. xoxo!
Where was the snow? No white Christmas for you. I know that you and Kevin will do great on your talks too.
I love the Bay Area... I always dreamed of living there. How awesome that you guys ran across the GG Bridge and back.
Sorry you have to speak in church on Sunday and on such a sensitive subject. I know you will do great.
Way to go on the jog across the Golden Gate Bridge! That would be pretty neat. It does look beautiful there.
How did your talks go? You really are so strong and are such an inspiration to everyone around you. I love ya!
Post a Comment