Monday, October 20, 2008

Our semi-new kitchen

I decided to take on the huge task of painting our kitchen cabinets (which desparately needed a facelift). Boy, was it a process! After cleaning, sanding, priming, 2 coats of paint, and then antiquing, it is finally finished! And, I love it. I was afraid for the antiquing part, but it was such a piece of cake! I wish I would have taken a before picture, but this is all I have:

Before:



After:





On another note, Kevin made the kids "model" before church:





17 comments:

adorable pearsons said...

the kitchen looks amazing- you are so so talented! I wouldn't have a clue where to begin. I LOVE white cabinets! Also- great job on the kids pics. They definitely look like little models! They are darling!

Jean said...

Great job Mandy! You did such a great job on your cabinets. You're amazing. Beautiful kids too!

Celeste said...

Those cabinets seriously look amazing! What a difference from the before pictures. You are so talented!

Suzie Egge said...

Great work! I have some shelves that need that same kind of work done to them....interested!?! Ha ha ha!

Melanie said...

Wow, wow, wow! Your cabinets look amazing, Amanda! Seriously...great job. I would have cut some serious corners and done the sloppiest job but those look professional!!

By the way, I think that is adorable how little Megan is crossing her ankles. Cute pictures!

Ashley Wray said...

Oh my goodness, you did an awesome job! Ok, I need a step by step directions on how you did that because I really want to redo our cabinets just like that! I love Megan's little hat and outfit, and the gazing off into the distance pose is too adorable, good job Kevin!

Shelly Hanson said...

Oh yea! Way better Amanda. That totally updated the kitchen! good job.

Outstanding little posers too!

Emmy said...

Wowza! That is SUCH a HUGE difference! Great job!!
Also, the posing is irresistable! Those kids are so cute!!!!
The invitation is still open to come and visit ANYTIME!!! Love you!
xoox

Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nels, Drea, and Crew said...

I like it! You definitely could teach some Home Depot classes on cabinetry re-finishing!

You kids are adorable, they are super sweet! Way to go Kevin on the professional photography.

Wendy said...

I can't believe how awesome your cabinets look (and I didn't think they looked bad before!)! I love the pics of the kids that Kevin did. I'm thinking you need to be a painter and Kevin needs to be a child photographer:-)

Emilee said...

Your cabinets look great. It is amazing how much the looks of your kitchen change from paint! Your kids pictures are so cute too.

Julie Pitcher said...

man, you're ambitious. I get tired just thinking about a project like that. I am admittedly a bit lazy when it comes to home repair...I love it...but I like to do a little...leave it...and come back to it sometime. The moldings and trimboards have been missing for about 6 months now!!! But, I am happy to report that the trim around doors is almost done!

I am looking forward to keeping tabs on your family...you guys are in my thoughts often!

max said...

Wow! The cabinets look great!! I know that painting kitchen cabinets is a HUGE project so I'm very impressed. I also can't believe you got your kids to pose like that--Jonah makes a grumpy face almost any time I try to take a picture and Wyatt just wants to see the back of the camera so much I can barely get him to stand still.

Heather said...

So I need to start taking Isaac to your mom for hair cuts. Or is it a family thing. I've cut Isaac ear twice and it makes me cry everytime I buzz his head. I might be calling :))

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you did those cabinets yourself! They look great! How'd you get the kids to pose like that? They look so cute!

Lisa said...

Amanda, this is Lisa Hansen (Jones). Wow, what a beautiful family you have. Your kids are so pretty. I love the kitchen. It looks great. We are currently burned out from sanding our own; I can't believe you did it yourself. I am sorry to hear about your little one. My thoughts are with you. I have always looked up to you and I know that you are a strong person; you have such a light about you. What a special little spirit he must have been.