Yes, I know, we've only been home now for 3 weeks and I still haven't posted anything. My mom and sister are going ballistic on me! We've had a crazy month. Besides going to DC and St. George, our laundromat managers just up and quit!! (okay, they actually told us about three months ago, and it is Chels and Cody just going to Billings for the summer. But, seriously, show a little compassion for this mother of 2 1/2 kids!)
I was cleaning out the fridge this morning and didn't realize some apple-raspberry juice concentrate was open and ending up dumping it ALL over the kitchen floor. I have mopped (with my new swisher wet-jet that I really like) FOUR times already and my feet are still sticking to the floor. The fridge looks great, however. I thought about taking a picture and posting it but then realized that would be a little overkill!
Okay, now for DC. We had a wonderful time. You know how I was so worried about the kids on the plane? Well, they did great! It was Mommy who threw up! I feel so attractive when I am throwing up in a ziploc baggie in front of my kids and husband. Not my best moment. The kids thought the plane was great, especially when we hit all the turbulence. They were laughing, clapping, and bouncing up and down on dad's knee (all the while mommy is in the background going bluuhhhhh, bluuuhhhh into the bag!)
We hit all the major hotspots in the area including:
The National Air and Space Museum


Arlington National Cemetary
Gettysburg
D.C. (the Capitol, Lincoln Memorial, Washington Memorial, National Archives, White House, Museum of Natural History, etc>


Baltimore, Maryland (An awesome sub and the USS Constellation, a boat that patrolled the Africa coast to stop slave ships)

Honey Garlic Chicken
1 day ago
6 comments:
That was so fun to see the pics...I should have asked to see them when we were up...how INSENSITIVE! The fridge disaster, well, sounds like a disaster! But I am so happy that your fridge is nice and clean. Ha! Like we up and left....HA! hehe! Love you! O, and thanks for finally POSTING!
Looks like you had so much fun! Except for the minor puking incident on the plane, just blame it on morning sickness! I've been checking your blog for weeks now looking for an update, glad to get one!
I love that the kids where loving the plane turbulence. I usually grip the seats and start thinking "oh crap." So sad, that you got plane sick, at least you have a good reason!
That looks like a trip my boys would have loved when they were younger and didn't know about girls or were off on a mission now. I hope you were ok for the trip. All I ever want to do when I'm pregnant is be home. You're a trooper girl!
Looks like a blast! Glad you guys had a good time!
What a fun getaway! I'm glad your kids liked the airplane. Too bad you did'nt enjoy it as much though! It's good to hear from you finally. ~Lacee
Post a Comment