Thursday, September 6, 2012

Summer vacation in Montana

All summer the kids anxiously anticipated the big plane trip to Montana.  I was a little nervous to fly by myself with 4 kiddos, but they did great.  They even clapped and cheered when the plane took off.  I had their backpacks packed with lots of new books, workbooks, and enough candy to feed all of Santa's elves.  Don't judge me.

Huey, Dewey, and Lewey
The Three Amigos
The Three Musketeers
Snap, Crackle and Pop

Our favorite thing of the entire trip was meeting our new little cousins, Dax and Barrett!  We already miss them.   Hailey is much older than them (5 days).


 "Blampa" Jim and Hailey Bug.

 The boys  before a big golf day.


Uncle Nate officially become the favorite when he brought a Youth size ATV for the kids.  Here  is Ian thinking he is pretty "Hot Stuff".  It had a governor on it that only allowed it to go 15 mph or so.  Ian begged and begged the whole trip to have us loosen up the governor.  (I think Grandpa loosened it up for him.)

 The most wonderful man I know with his great-grand daughter.

 Meg and her Idol, Sophie.  We talk about Sophie ALL of the time.  Meg was so excited to go to the Oasis waterpark with her.

 We had a Big Family Reunion in Wyoming, where I didn't take many pictures.  Here we are headed out on a hike.

 "Glamma" Marjie gave the kids cooking classes.  They loved it.  Now the kids have decided that they are entitiled to cooking classes at least 3 times a week!  (which I don't mind at all :)

 The boys spent many hours with Grandpa on his tractors. (Most of the tractors are much larger than this one :)

 We went to the Montana State Fair, where I had some serious nostalgia.  I worked there in high school and made enough Navajo Tacos to, well, feed all of Santa's elves.



 My parents' neighbors let us ride their horses.  This is Brownie.  We LOVE Brownie.  I had a little itch to get a horse when we got back to California.  It went away quickly.

The kids spent a lot of time in my mom's incredible garden.  Get a load of this zuchini!  The kids would squeal with excitement when they picked potatoes, or found another pumpkin.  Too bad I didn't inherit my mother's green thumb.  I have big time major goals for next summer.
Thanks to Grandpa and Grandma for a wonderful summer trip!

0 comments: