I remember being so upset when my mom and her girlfriends would have a party when all the kids went back to school. That's right, a "Hallejuilah Our Lives Can Go On and the Kids Are Finally Out of our Hair" Party. Unbelievable, I thought. Don't they LIKE having us home? Aren't we the center of their somewhat dull lives?
NOPE.
Hallejuilah my life can go on, the kids are finally out of my hair!
(Okay, I am kidding, I really do enjoy having my children home, but boy were we in desperate need of a routine around these here parts!)
Meggie Moo told her teacher on the first day that she has a "Really good brain in her head."
Good to know.
Ian has been giving lessons to Meg all summer to prepare her for Kindergarten. The latest lesson was this: "Okay Meg, you have to exercise A LOT for Kindergarten. So, we are going to run around the kitchen table 7 times, then the (kitchen) island 10 times. Then we run downstairs, through the window and into the backyard."
Meg is totally in the best shape for Kindergarten.
Ian is our big 1st grader and according to two of my girlfriends, he got the best teacher in the district! Whoot! Whoot!
Meg just sitting there on her first day with her "really good brain".
We had a fun back to school dinner night complete with Navajo Tacos and Sugar Cookies. Kevin gave the kids Father's blessings and we talked about their goals for the year. Which mainly consisted of making new friends :)






1 comments:
I tell you all the time, but your kids really are so darling. Let's hear it for girls with brains.
Post a Comment