
Merry Christmas!
We hope that you are having a great season. Here is the quick update on our family:
Ian is getting bigger and bigger. He says something funny everyday. Just the other day, during naptime, I heard a big thud and then tons of laughing (from both Ian and Meggie). I went into Meggie’s room and found Ian in her crib with her. They were jumping and playing and having the best time. I asked Ian how he got into Meggie’s bed and he replied, “I fly Mommy, I fly!” He said it totally matter-of-factly, too. Like, “hello, isn’t it obvious that I would fly to get in her crib? Come on mom!” It was great.
Meggie thinks everything is hilarious. She loves to giggle, play peek-a-boo, blow kisses and put things in her mouth. She turns one on January 3. I can’t believe it! She loves to walk around the house with Kevin or I holding her little hands. She has been such a lovely little addition to our family.
Kevin is still working as the Deputy City Manager for Cottonwood Heights. He also is the maintenance guy for our latest get-rich quick scheme, Rapid Wash Laundromat. (If you are ever in Provo, Utah and have a bunch of laundry to do, you know where to come!) He has been serving as the Young Men’s President in our ward which keeps us all on our toes! And, of course, doting over his lovely wife is his most time-consuming adventure. At his work Christmas party, he stood up to introduce me to everyone and lovingly announced how “handy” I am. Hmmm . . . not sure if I should take that as a compliment. I was hoping for “Can’t believe someone this smart comes in this nice of a package.”, but I will settle for “handy” because it gave all of us a good laugh!
And, me, well I am busy with the three aforementioned characters. I am changing many diapers and fixing many meals and loving (almost) every minute of it. I keep the books for our rental units and the laundry and sell a little real estate on the side. My latest adventures are digital scrapbooking and blogging and trying to learn to be a great cook (not coming easily!).
We feel so blessed. This has been a wonderful year. We are so grateful for the life and atonement of our Savior and pray we can remember Him all year round.
Have a wonderful Holiday!
Love,
The Smith’s
Kevin, Amanda, Ian and Meggie
Honey Garlic Chicken
1 day ago
5 comments:
I might have to do our Christmas letter this way, or just get one out in January, one or the other! Glad that all is well and you're all so happy. Cute picture too!
Hey- good to hear you are all doing good. My dad had our computer the last week, so I am out of the loop on the blogging. Happy Late Birthday! So you haven't filled me in on this rumor of a new house (or is it still a secret)? Thanks for you letter, we are excited to see you for Christmas. I think we are going to be at Grandma and Grandpa's also. Love ya!!
Love the letter...makes me think it's crazy we haven't gotten together yet. Definitely after the holidays. I'd love to see you and let the kids play!
Wow you have one talented flying kid there! That's so funny. Such a nice letter, thanks for sharing it! ~Lacee
Love your letter! How fun to get an update on your busy family! Lately we only catch a glimpse of you at church. I'm so glad to hear you're all doing well! I'm stunned that Megan will really be one already! Where did the time fly? Speaking of flying, congratulations on your super-son. Flying ought to come in really handy throughout his life. ha, ha!
xoxo quinn
Post a Comment